Saturday 1 May 2010

DREAM OF DESTRUCTION


I think we all want to be destructive at some point in our lives. The funny thing is, that we all are judging the people who's really living "the dream". But isn't it safer to be the tornado in stead of the idiot who fascinated stands on the ground to watch it vandalizing? I don't know if you have to be brave to be destructive - or is it only stupid people who doesn't have a clue about what they are doing?
I got these small flashes where I get the need (or lust?) to be destructive. For example: Everytime I walk over a bridge, I get this thought, that it would be fantastic to throw my bag in the water. I have never done it yet, but I'm really afraid that I'll do it sometime.
I also think everyone have had the thought of just throwing the homework in some fire, and then just leave to see the world.

But I don't think I could do that.
So either am I too clever and reasonable (hah) to be destructive - or am I just a chicken?

xx Amanda

PS: The artwork in the top is by Damien Hirst. I thought it looked like a bursting bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment